Please join us on Sunday, November 5th at 7 pm to discuss the new Alewife Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) Control Plan. The third public CSO planning meeting will be November 15th. We are very excited to strategize about it with you!
What would you like to see in the new Alewife sewage pollution control plan?
- An end to untreated sewage pollution!
- Less flooding!
- Combined sewer separation!
- Green stormwater infrastructure including: constructed wetlands, rain gardens, bioswales, & tree trenches!
- Removal of illegal sewer hook-ups and replacement of broken sewer pipes that allow groundwater in!
- CSO storage, as in underground CSO holding tanks!
- A local Alewife CSO treatment facility!
- Improved conveyance, meaning increasing the capacity of MWRA’s sewer pipes and pump stations, which aren’t big enough even to handle current storms… as well as adding a second sewage treatment plant in the Boston area!
Bring your ideas to our meeting this Sunday, and help us to strategize in advance of the next big CSO planning meeting on November 15th!
Sunday, November 5th at 7 pm
Add event to calendar