Join us on Sunday April 24th at 6 PM
We have an opportunity now to promote our vision for a safer and more beautiful Alewife Brook. Please join us to discuss this on Sunday April 24th at 6 pm for Save the Alewife Brook’s April Community Meeting.
April Meeting Agenda:
- Draft Scopes for the new Alewife CSO Plans from MWRA, Somerville, & Cambridge.
- Climate Change & the MWRA’s “Typical Year” CSO Performance & Planning Model.
- Our Green & Grey Infrastructure “Crayon Sketches”, at MWRA’s request.
Our Vision for the Alewife…
- A Safe, Beautiful, Fishable Brook for the Residents and for Wildlife
- Separated Sewer Systems to keep Sewage out of Stormwater
- Elimination of all Alewife CSOs to End Sewage Pollution
- New Green Infrastructure to Clean the Stormwater
- An Additional Alewife Pumping Station Near Little River
- New Grey Infrastructure to Reduce Flooding in the Face of Climate Change